Local Anesthesia Only
- You may eat and drink as usual.
- You may drive yourself to and from our office and do not need to be accompanied by a family member or friend.
- Unless otherwise directed by our staff, take all of your normal daily medications as prescribed.
Intravenous (IV) Anesthesia
- Please do not have anything to eat or drink for eight (8) hours prior to your surgical appointment. Failure to follow this instruction may result in the cancellation and rescheduling of your procedure.
- A responsible adult (18 or older) must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- A parent or legal guardian must always accompany patients under the age of 18 years.
- If you take daily medications, Dr. Conquest will provide special instructions for you.
- Please refrain from smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes (no flip-flops or sandals).
- Contact lenses, jewelry (including lip and tongue piercings) and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office as soon as possible before the appointment. Your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
- Do not drive a vehicle, operate any machinery, or undertake important matters for 24 hours following your anesthesia experience.
- You should plan to rest the remainder of the day. Someone should be available to check on you throughout the day and to provide assistance if necessary.
Please contact us at Moon Township Office Phone Number 412-264-8440 if you have any questions regarding your planned anesthesia or your upcoming procedure.